Claudio Abbado's last conducting performance, August 2013, Lucerne?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Claudio Abbado's last conducting performance, August 2013, Lucerne?

Is there a recording, or Youtube of Claudio Abbado's last conducting performance, August 2013, Lucerne?

RE: Lucerne?

You are referring to the Bruckner 9/Schubert 8?

I haven't seen any video, but there is a streamed audio version floating about (for now). I can't write the address, because it will be moderated, but you can find it on 

prx

dot

org

You will then have to do a bit of searching.....

I assume it will be released at some point. Hopefully, all his Lucerne Bruckner and Mahler will find its way to CD, too. At the moment, the bulk of it seems to be Blue-ray only. 

RE: Claudio Abbado's last conducting performance

Abbado conducted 2 programs at this year's Lucerne Festival. The first one (2 evenings) was filmed and broadcasted by many televisions, but I haven't seen it on Youtube so far. It included Brahms's Tragic Ouverture, Interlude and Waldtaube's Lied from Schoenberg's Gurrelieder and Beethoven's Third. Haven't got any confirmation so far (but I didn't actually asked), but my guess is that this may be released on DVD/BluRay in a while.

The second and last one (3 evenings) was not filmed, sadly (I was there on all 3 evenings, and no cameras were in the hall...wasn't really suprised, as Accentus already hinted me they didn't have plans to film it way before the Festival's start). However, all 3 evenings were recorded for a planned CD release. The first evening was broadcasted live by many radios, and that's the recording which can be found around and which has been rebroadcasted by some radios after Abbado's death. It's common opinion by those who heard them all (me included) that the third one was the greatest. Let's hope that will be the choice if and when the official CD release comes out.

Well, I have to correct myself, the first program is actually available on the net.

http://concert.arte.tv/fr/lucerne-festival-2013-concert-douverture-sous-...

Double post, don't know why, sorry!

© MA Business and Leisure Ltd. 2014