Welcome to the Gramophone Forum, the place to discuss all things related to classical music.
We aim to offer a friendly, lively environment where members can share opinions as well as knowledge and experiences. To keep things fun and fair for everyone, we ask you all to read - and expect you to abide by - the following rules.
Any additions to the site - including comments on blogs, as well as Forum posts - that breach these rules are subject to editing and/or deletion by the site's administrators. Members who break the rules will also receive a warning and/or be banned from the site.
- Members must not post libellous, racist, aggressive or otherwise insulting or abusive remarks about any individual, company or organisation.
- Members must not use swear words, or offensive phrases or terminology in their posts, user names, signatures or profiles/biographies.
- Members must not post any pornographic or otherwise offensive images or text that could be distressing to any other member. This includes the picture chosen as your Avatar.
- Posts and user profiles must not include links to inappropriate material - which includes pornographic or offensive images or information, but also competitive sites.
- Members must not submit information disclosed to them in confidence or post any material which compromises the security or privacy of anyone other than themselves.
- Members must not promote illegal activities in any way, including linking to illegal material (this includes music, video and TV downloads) in their posts.
- Members must not post images or information owned by other third parties.
- Members must not post or link to spam of any nature.
- The site must not be used to solicit business of any kind. Any post which is felt to be doing so will be removed. Gramophone offers a range of advertising opportunities that can be used to promote relevant products and services - click on Contact Us for more information.
- Members should not register more than once, nor submit the same or similar posts to more than one area of the site. Duplicate registrations, threads or posts will be deleted. Members are also encouraged to search for the topic they intend to post before starting a new thread, as existing discussions may already exist for them to join.
- Whilst we do not pre-screen submissions, members must not question the decision of the site's moderators to edit or remove posts or profiles, or begin a discussion in any forum about such actions. If you feel a post or profile has been unfairly altered or removed, please use the Contact Us page to register your views.
These rules are regularly reviewed, and may be updated at any time - to notify us of any perceived breach of any of the above, please use the Flag as Offensive link provided on every post. To suggest any additions or amendments to these rules, please Contact Us.