Suggestion: New forum for streaming services

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Action by the plebs

So I suggest we do indeed take things into our own hands. My thread on streaming has not been deleted or moved to a new forum, so lets just get on with it. I would love some contributions by others as well, however, because for me there is still a lot to learn, particularly about the various streaming services.

The technology is excellent and really quite easy to implement. The only thing is to avoid the syren songs of audio dealers who try to persuade you that you need to spend a fortune for convenient good quality streaming. You don't.

Willem

Action by the plebs

Hi Willem,

I wish you well.   After several years I've cancelled my direct debit to Gramophone and received their acknowledgement.   If these forums had been properly moderated I wouldn't have done so, but if they (Gramophone) can't be bothered neither can I.

Tim

 

I give up

You are absolutely right. There is no point in staying around with so little useful input beyond trolls and flat earth inhabitants.

Willem

Not a graceful exit policy.

Not a very noble exit, Willem. "So little useful input" and keep calling names...Pity. 

Parla

parla wrote:

parla wrote:

Not a very noble exit, Willem. "So little useful input" and keep calling names...Pity.

Let's hope it isn't a permanent exit. Willem brings a great deal of expertise and helpful advice to this forum. I wouldn't have my music system (which I still love) if it wasn't for the fact that he took a lot of time to offer such detailed and personal advice. On this particular issue - Vinyl v CD etc - it may well be that we are not yet in a position to reach agreement. As thinkers and readers etc, we have evidently followed quite different paths. Some of us may be entrenched in an outlook that is difficult to change in a single debate. But I hope that doesn't mean we can't continue to discuss things in a friendly manner. 

janeeliotgardiner wrote:

janeeliotgardiner wrote:

 

 

Let's hope it isn't a permanent exit. Willem brings a great deal of expertise and helpful advice to this forum. I wouldn't have my music system (which I still love) if it wasn't for the fact that he took a lot of time to offer such detailed and personal advice. On this particular issue - Vinyl v CD etc - it may well be that we are not yet in a position to reach agreement. As thinkers and readers etc, we have evidently followed quite different paths. Some of us may be entrenched in an outlook that is difficult to change in a single debate. But I hope that doesn't mean we can't continue to discuss things in a friendly manner. 

 

Fully seconded

Stay in

Agreed. Stay with us.

Reunite.

Agreed too but let's hope the return will be less ambitious...as for the original "campaign".

Parla

TNova45 wrote:

TNova45 wrote:

Hi Willem,

I wish you well.   After several years I've cancelled my direct debit to Gramophone and received their acknowledgement.   If these forums had been properly moderated I wouldn't have done so, but if they (Gramophone) can't be bothered neither can I.

Tim

 

What do these forums have to do with the Gramophone subscription? They're free. As for the moderators, lately they've had nothing to do. Where are you Brodsky?

Pages

Log in or register to post comments

Gramophone Subscriptions

From£67/year

Gramophone Print

Gramophone Print

no Digital Edition
no Digital Archive
no Reviews Database
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe
From£67/year

Gramophone Reviews

Gramophone Reviews

no Print Edition
no Digital Edition
no Digital Archive
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe
From£67/year

Gramophone Digital Edition

Gramophone Digital Edition

no Print Edition
no Reviews Database
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe

If you are a library, university or other organisation that would be interested in an institutional subscription to Gramophone please click here for further information.

© MA Business and Leisure Ltd. 2018