Please suggest a good AV Receiver + Speaker Package < 450

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Please suggest a good AV Receiver + Speaker Package < 450

I am looking for my first Home theater system with budget is around 450-500. My living room is small - 6' x 8' in which 42 " TV is placed at the corner. Some of the systems I saw which would stay within my budget were stand alone/ combis of Pioneer VSX-921, Onkyo SKS528, Onkyo HTS 6405, Denon 1312xp, Jamo A 102 HCS 6, Boston SOUNDWARE XS etc. But still would like to get advice before I go for the next step.

What is the cheapest AV Receiver + Speaker system with the following features:

1. Standby Pass through

2. 3D pass-through

3. 1080p Video Up-scaling 

3. ARC (Audio return channel)

4. Deep Color

5. Audyssey’s MultEQ / Any other Auto Calibration 

6. >= 4 HDMI inputs

7. FM capability

Is there any website where I could Search / Filter AV Receivers by feature? 

Also any good UK retailer who would deliver to Ireland other than Amazon?

RE: Please suggest a good AV Receiver + Speaker Package < 450

Hi Shaun, if you can find a Yamaha rxv-667 somewhere then i'd highly recommend it, it does everything you require. It's one of last years models but you may still find a new one for around £250 (original rrp was over £400)..

Trying to find a decent speaker package for the remaining £250 isn't easy, and seeing as your room is small, i'd be inclined to start off with just a  decent pair of speakers to use as stereo fronts, then add a centre, rears and sub (if you need one) at a later date. At least that way you will end up with a good system that should also sound good with music, as opposed to a small sub sat system that will be sufficient at best.

RE: Please suggest a good AV Receiver + Speaker Package < 450

Thanks,

I prefer a speaker + av receiver bundle.

What about the Pioneer HTP-SL100 priced around 450.   http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/45/66/42/HTP-SL100/index.html

Alternatively should I go for Onkyo HTS 6405?

Also I have seen the Denon AVR 1912 which has received good reviews. Which of the speakers like 1. Jamo A102  2. Canton Moview 125 3. Boston Acoustics Soundware 5.1 would best suit it.

Gramophone Subscriptions

From£67/year

Gramophone Print

Gramophone Print

no Digital Edition
no Digital Archive
no Reviews Database
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe
From£67/year

Gramophone Reviews

Gramophone Reviews

no Print Edition
no Digital Edition
no Digital Archive
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe
From£67/year

Gramophone Digital Edition

Gramophone Digital Edition

no Print Edition
no Reviews Database
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe

If you are a library, university or other organisation that would be interested in an institutional subscription to Gramophone please click here for further information.

© MA Business and Leisure Ltd. 2019