anyone have the April 1979 issue?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
anyone have the April 1979 issue?

Hello everyone, I am doing a bit of research and need to know who wrote the review of Boult's LPO recording of The Planets, which was reviewed in the April 1979 issue.

Ordinarily I would just go to gramophone.net and look it up in the online archives, but at the moment there is some sort of technical glitch and this issue is not accessible. I have written to the Gramophone staff and suppose it will be remedied in due course, but if anyone happens to have a hardcopy of this issue and could look up this review I would be very grateful.

I realize it might only show the reviewer's initials (E.G. or R.L.), but that's OK. I can go from there.

Thanks in advance for the help anyone out there might be able to provide.

Very best wishes, Joe (Barcelona, Spain)

RE: anyone have the April 1979 issue?

The review was on page 1711 and the initials at the end are E.G. which from the Contributors index is Edward Greenfield it is most favourable and at the end it states "this is the supreme Boult performance to have one cherishing a score which, as he presents it is far more than a colourful showpiece.

I hope this is of help to you

With best wishes, 

Robert Garbolinski.

RE: anyone have the April 1979 issue?

Dear Robert,

Thank you so very much! I really appreciate your help.

Warm regards from Barcelona - Joe

Gramophone Subscriptions

From£67/year

Gramophone Print

Gramophone Print

no Digital Edition
no Digital Archive
no Reviews Database
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe
From£67/year

Gramophone Reviews

Gramophone Reviews

no Print Edition
no Digital Edition
no Digital Archive
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe
From£67/year

Gramophone Digital Edition

Gramophone Digital Edition

no Print Edition
no Reviews Database
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe

If you are a library, university or other organisation that would be interested in an institutional subscription to Gramophone please click here for further information.

© MA Business and Leisure Ltd. 2019