Back issues of Gramapone magazine, 1963, 1967 & 1970

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Back issues of Gramapone magazine, 1963, 1967 & 1970

I have  back issues of Gramophone magazine which are in excellent condition

January 1963 - December 1963 - (February and September missing)

January 1967 - December 1967 (complete)

January 1970 - December 1970 (complete)

If anyone is interested in making an offer, please let me know?

Thank you

RE: Back issues of Gramapone magazine, 1963, 1967 & 1970

I 'm not buying any record/magazines, but I would like to confirm to anyone interested that I have a complete series of the Great musicians, collected in the early 70's. I saw a comment somewhere saying that the standard of the recordings were so-so. I have to say that until my son gave me a Project turntable for Xmas I thought so too, But know I am staggard at the quality of the recordings. With the growth of interest in the old vynal recordings, I'm sure there will be more people looking for these collections

Back issues

I have consecutive issues going back about 15 years. What is the best way to get these sold? (or given away to a deserving organization)

I suspect the awful truth is

I suspect the awful truth is that now that the whole history of Gramophone is readily available in digital form, these back copies are not much better than worthless.

Vintage Gramophone magazines

I would not call them worthless. There is a certain satisfaction reading a fifty year old issue. It isn't only the record reviews,but also the adverts,the technical reviews (much more varied and in depth than nowadays) and the articles about famous artistes now almost lacking from the modern Gramophone. Remember that,at one time,these magazines were collected in binders and given shelf space. Digital storage means are so fragile and easily lost.

Maybe, but they do contain

Maybe, but they do contain the ads, the technical reviews etc!

Gramophone magazines

When the magazines used to be avaiulable online for all to see I did notice that everything was presented. But,being old fashioned (I play 78's and use open reel tape) I love to handle vinatage items (sorry Dear,you're not vintage!)  I did,however,have my large collection of magazines ruined by a flood and merely got waste paper rate for them from the insurance company.

Someone on Ebay was asking £9.99 per copy of old Gramophone mags!  

Best wishes,Sedgley

Digital Gramophone subscription

pgraber wrote:

I suspect the awful truth is that now that the whole history of Gramophone is readily available in digital form, these back copies are not much better than worthless.

Stop paying your digital subscription and you lose all access to even the months you have paid for. Stop your paper magazine and you still have them to read again! That's why I only want the paper magazine, the digital is too expensive in the long term. 

Reality realm.

This reply by Torontonian sounds like a complete surrender to the world of reality, Paul.

I also rely only on the physical form of the magazines, books, CDs etc.

Parla

Torontonian wrote:

Torontonian wrote:

pgraber wrote:

Stop paying your digital subscription and you lose all access to even the months you have paid for. Stop your paper magazine and you still have them to read again! That's why I only want the paper magazine, the digital is too expensive in the long term. 

Actually, that's not the case. It's true you would lose access to 90 years of back issues, but anything that's been part of your subscriber package is downloaded and yours to read whenever you like through the App.

Paul knows more than I do!

Now Paul, why couldn't Gramophone have made that clear to me?

In which case I'll enquire again next renewal. What's the App? I dont use an iPad or phone to access the internet, I use a laptop. Am I a Luddite?

Pages

Gramophone Subscriptions

From£67/year

Gramophone Print

Gramophone Print

no Digital Edition
no Digital Archive
no Reviews Database
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe
From£67/year

Gramophone Reviews

Gramophone Reviews

no Print Edition
no Digital Edition
no Digital Archive
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe
From£67/year

Gramophone Digital Edition

Gramophone Digital Edition

no Print Edition
no Reviews Database
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe

If you are a library, university or other organisation that would be interested in an institutional subscription to Gramophone please click here for further information.

© MA Business and Leisure Ltd. 2019