How to sell a collection of 1,200 classical music CDs

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
:-)

there are tonnes of websites that will give you a quote for your collection.... hope you get what you are looking for.

crazycatlady

music magpie

janeeliotgardiner wrote:

To be honest, I don't think you are likely to recoup much of your original "investment"..........second-hand prices are just too low on the internet.

....but you could try www.musicmagpie.co.uk, if the CDs are in good condition and you are prepared to work through each CD, one by one. You enter the barcode on the CD and it offers you a price. You send the CDs, then receive a cheque.

The downside is that you will, as I said, have to work through your collection one by one and also the prices can been very, very low. Sometimes, however, the prices are quite generous and it is never easy to predict what they will offer until you enter the barcode. Sifting through some of my old stuff to see what prices I could get, I found some CDs were being offered around £3, while others were getting 40p. In the end, I sent off the best 10 priced CDs (for a modest cheque) and dropped the rest at a charity shop.

In addition, if you are prepared to do a lot of work listing all the titles, you can stick them on ebay........maybe you could try a bulk buy offer of some kind. 

great great great link! thanks for sharing! 

How to find a home for 1000s of CDs

Similarly I have a collection of more than 2000 CDs originally inherited from my uncle, who chose each of them carefully: composers ranging from Albeniz to Zelenka. I no longer have the storage space for them. Although I might end up finding a way to keep them, I'd be interested in the best way to see if there is a possibility of any reasonable offers from them to go to a decent home or homes.

Home for CDs.

I am an individual, not a business, but could be interested. Please post and we can try to get in touch

Pages

Gramophone Subscriptions

From£67/year

Gramophone Print

Gramophone Print

no Digital Edition
no Digital Archive
no Reviews Database
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe
From£67/year

Gramophone Reviews

Gramophone Reviews

no Print Edition
no Digital Edition
no Digital Archive
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe
From£67/year

Gramophone Digital Edition

Gramophone Digital Edition

no Print Edition
no Reviews Database
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe

If you are a library, university or other organisation that would be interested in an institutional subscription to Gramophone please click here for further information.

© MA Business and Leisure Ltd. 2018