I have now filled my 160GB I-Pod with classical music and opera and have a particular approach to arranging it:
- I use the "genre" theme to arrange into those genres used in the gramophone magazine i.e. vocal, opera, instrumental etc
- I fill out the "artist" as conductor unless it is a recital disc and then I use player or singer
- I use a three letter abbreviation for the composer at the start of the title e.g. Moz Symph. No.39, Mlr Das Liede Von Der Erde - this helps flick through the albums when I wish to browse. So I start with Ads (Ades) and go through to Web (Weber).
- I place a space after titles with the same name e.g. Str Vier Letze Lieder(space) and Str Vier Letze Lieder (space) (space) so that they appear as separate album titles - took me ages to work that one out!!
- I don't use the "album artist" or "date" theme but I do use the "composer" theme
- I have "album art" which also helps when browsing
While this works fairly well I wondered if anyone had any cunning means of arranging their music. I would love an excuse to go messing about with it all over again!