Will there be a Gramophone Guide for 2013?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Will there be a Gramophone Guide for 2013?

It isn't on amazon - is it on the way?

RE: Will there be a Gramophone Guide for 2013?

Any information gratefully received....

I am eagerly awaiting news of the Gramophone Guide 2013. There are no advertisements yet, so this makes me very concerned that this yearly publication may be ending.

If anyone knows about this situation, please post the latest news. Hopefully, the new edition will be published soon. Sad to not have this wonderful book.

Hello,

There won't be a 2013 Gramophone Guide published - but we will be launching a new digital product soon which we hope will prove of interest to you all.

Martin

Editor and Publisher, Gramophone

Thanks Martin. I'll be interested in the new digital product and now I know to keep my 2012 book as a back-up!

Let's just hope the "digital product" is a little bit cheaper than the paper version. One mortgage is enough for now.......

Any news about a release date for the new product. Will it be an electronic version of the book for pc and ipad (which I would love) or something completely different like the old database system (Gramofile or something like that).

Gramophone Guide for 2013?

> …a new digital product soon…

This is really bad news!

I have tried the Digital subscription to the magazine and it's been a disaster… SAC not working; inability to log in; constant spurious reminders that my subscription is about to expire (it isn't); inability to Restore etc.

Clearly it was launched prematurely.

I've been a G. reader since the 1960s; I know my way around technology. This marriage has failed.

-- 

Mark Sealey

I'm not sure what SAC means, but I haven't had anything like your level of problems since I switched to digital. New issues arrive on my iPad as they should, and I can access the archive. Some issues (inevitably the ones I wanted!) were missing at the start but the gaps are getting filled. I do find the search functionality poor, and am having to find ways round it to get at what I want. But having the whole history of Gramophone available on my iPad really is worth something.

c hris johnson wrote:

I cannot understand the complaint that it should be available free.

I suppose it is based on the premise that it was free for so long. Rather miserly of them to withdraw that flawed but free version.

Gramophone Subscriptions

From£67/year

Gramophone Print

Gramophone Print

no Digital Edition
no Digital Archive
no Reviews Database
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe
From£67/year

Gramophone Reviews

Gramophone Reviews

no Print Edition
no Digital Edition
no Digital Archive
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe
From£67/year

Gramophone Digital Edition

Gramophone Digital Edition

no Print Edition
no Reviews Database
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe

If you are a library, university or other organisation that would be interested in an institutional subscription to Gramophone please click here for further information.

© MA Business and Leisure Ltd. 2019