Schubert masses

48 posts / 0 new
Last post
parla wrote:

parla wrote:

There is no need to celebrate, Jane.

 

Oh yes there is!  Caught red-handed yet again!

 

parla wrote:

 In the actual text I mention the "vocal parts". In parenthesis, I mention the soloists, because, in almost any reissue of the Sawallisch recordings contain quite a few other works, where these "dream team" voices take part. Keeping my long post as brief as possible, I did not elaborate...

 

 

He's not even convincing himself. 

VicJayL wrote:Caught red

VicJayL wrote:

Caught red-handed yet again!

 

Not even Chris could defend him this time.......

 

parla wrote:

parla wrote:

 

That is the essence of my posts above.

 

 

No, it really isn't. 

 

While most people in this situation would slink away in shame and embarrassment, Parla's long-standing strategy is put it out of mind, pretend he hasn't been exposed - and blame anyone who subsequently mentions it as bringing negativity to the forum.  Shameless - literally.  

 

janeeliotgardiner wrote:

janeeliotgardiner wrote:

You're a strange one, Vic! On one thread you are attacking Parla and accusing him of having ruined the forum.......and on this one, you say "I note Parla's comment above", implying that you value his advice and welcome his activity on the very same forum he has supposedly destroyed. Very bizarre. Furthermore, you obviously accept that he doesn't really know a lot of the stuff he claims to know - no human being subject to the conventional laws of mortality could - yet you now refer to his expertise with a kind of implied respect. What is going on? 

 

 

That's an awful lot of assumption to make from the verb "to note" Jane!

VicJayL wrote:While most

VicJayL wrote:

While most people in this situation would slink away in shame and embarrassment, Parla's long-standing strategy is put it out of mind, pretend he hasn't been exposed - and blame anyone who subsequently mentions it as bringing negativity to the forum.  Shameless - literally.

 

No, I think Parla has a point here. My favourite version of Beethoven's Triple Concerto is Harnoncourt with the Chamber Orchestra of Europe. I particularly like this because I like the sound of Pavarotti's voice. There isn't actually any singing on the Triple Concerto, but still: I think you get my point.

Laugh Out Loud!  (Can't bring

Laugh Out Loud!  (Can't bring myself to abbreviate). 

"Have a good summer".

Chris has already wished you "a good summer" in the shameful thread of "where all the posters have gone" (post #35 of Jul.1), leaving this forum for some, apparently good, time. Primarily because of you two, who keep ruining this originally very good thread, hoping that you may cause any damage to me. Not surprising, of course, but sad enough (to use Vic's beloved word).

Good luck to your mission.

Parla

P.S.: Eyeresist, I am really sorry for this ugly course of your otherwise very useful and needful thread.

parla wrote:

parla wrote:

 ... because of you two, who keep ruining this originally very good thread, hoping that you may cause any damage to me ...

 

What an astonishing statement after such an exposure.   As if the real blame lies not in perpetrating deceit but in drawing attention to it.  We have been here before of course.  The poster who discovered Parla had done a cut and paste job on a Wikipedia entry was obviously another, similarly engaged in a hurtful conspiracy.   It is the assumption of moral and intellectual superiority which makes fault or blame irrelevant, and makes the questioning of them blasphemous.  It's sad, bad, or in need of help.

Parla's right. We should try

Parla's right. We should try and get back to the topic.....

I have just been listening to the Deutsche Messe conducted by Bruno Weil and the OAE. Very good indeed and excellent soloists (Freddy Mercury, Tom Jones, Barbara Streisand). Heartily recommended.

This is really pitiful!

This is really pitiful! However, me and quite a few other members are familiar with how far you can go when you are...in this kind of mood.

After the three big Masses you might plan to explore, try Schubert's Stabat Mater (preferably with Harnoncourt). It might help you...

Parla

Pages

Log in or register to post comments

Gramophone Subscriptions

From£67/year

Gramophone Print

Gramophone Print

no Digital Edition
no Digital Archive
no Reviews Database
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe
From£67/year

Gramophone Reviews

Gramophone Reviews

no Print Edition
no Digital Edition
no Digital Archive
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe
From£67/year

Gramophone Digital Edition

Gramophone Digital Edition

no Print Edition
no Reviews Database
no Events & Offers
From£67/year
Subscribe

If you are a library, university or other organisation that would be interested in an institutional subscription to Gramophone please click here for further information.

© MA Business and Leisure Ltd. 2019